Pets Imperial® Sandringham Chicken Coop
Pets Imperial® Sandringham Chicken Coop
- Dimensions incl nest box: 223 cm (W) x 75 cm (D) x 113 cm (H)
- Suitable for 4 to 6 small-sized birds (bantams)
- One nesting area with 2 individual nesting spaces
- Nesting area lid opens for easy egg collection
- Pull-out tray/dropping board covered with galvanised metal for easy cleaning
- Push lever sliding hen house door
- Waterproof asphalt roof
- Living area window covered by clear plastic perspex
- Run area with super-tough reinforced wire
- Made from animal-friendly treated timber, solid tongue and groove assembly, designed to last for years
- Also suitable for other small animals like rabbits, ferrets, fowl, duck, guinea pig, quail
- Comes flat packed in two boxes, requires assembly, clear instructions
- All parcels will be shipped together but could arrive separately, depending on how the courier organises their daily deliveries
The Sandringham Chicken Coop is designed to accommodate from 4 to 6 small sized birds (bantams). It boasts a unique design that integrates the run area with the living quarters. This allows for the roof to be extended over the run area, thus giving your birds the freedom to move around even when raining.
This coop’s build quality is second to none – it is solidly built and made to last. The main living area is made from environmentally friendly, durable stained timber. Thanks to the quality tongue and groove joints of the wood cladding, the coop can withstand intense temperature fluctuations without warping, meaning that it will remain intact for years to come.
Your Sandringham Chicken Coop also has a number of features that make it a bargain at twice the price. From its large size to the waterproof asphalt roof and the easy cleaning and maintenance, this is a hen house that your birds will be truly happy to stay in.
Its approximate dimensions are 223 cm (W) x 75 cm (D) x 113 cm (H) including the nesting box overhang.
This chicken coop features an enclosed interior space for roosting and nesting, and an integrated exterior run area for the birds to roam around, sunbathe, dust bathe, and forage on grass.
The run area is made up of reinforced galvanised wire that is secured very strongly to the sturdy wooden frame. The strong run structure provides protection from foxes and other predators.
Locking your chickens in the evening and letting them out in the morning is easy with the built-in hinged handle (corn beef key) connected to the pophole/door. Simply pick up the handle and push it in to close the sliding door – no need to enter the run area to do so. This will keep your chickens safe during the night.
We’ve also thought about cleaning and maintenance – something that should be on the top of your list when purchasing a chicken coop. The Sandringham comes with a pull-out tray/dropping board which is lined with a sheet of galvanised metal. It is intended to collect your bird’s droppings while they are roosting inside. Simply pull out the tray, clean it off and insert it back in. As a safety feature, this coop has a floorboard under the pull-out tray.
Every now and then, the coop will require more thorough cleaning or treating against parasites. We’ve made sure that this is as easy as possible by fitting it with many opening parts – the roof, the nesting box, the main living quarters, the run (please see images of opening parts). You have full access to all parts of the coop.
Your birds love to roost up high and away from the ground, so we’ve made their main living quarters lifted high up. This elevated design allows for the run to be extended beneath the house, which not only maximises indoor and outdoor space but has other benefits too:
- The main sleeping area is far away from the ground and remains dry even after heavy rainfall
- The elevated coop provides additional protection from rodents or pests
- A higher coop appeals to chicken’s natural instinct to be up high and roost off of the ground
- Raised coops are easier to reach into when collecting eggs, cleaning, and doing maintenance
The Sandringham Chicken Coop has a pitched gable roof design with an asphalt layer on top, making it fully waterproof and ensuring your birds remain dry. This aesthetically appealing green asphalt roof also protects the wood structure from rainwater, thus increasing its longevity.
Your coop is supplied flat-packed and should reach you in great shape with no transport defects (always check the package for damage before accepting it). Please note that the Sandringham Chicken Coop comes in TWO packages which may be delivered separately. The packages include clear, easy to follow assembly instructions.
Buy now with complete confidence.