Pets Imperial® Highgrove Chicken Coop
Pets Imperial® Highgrove Chicken Coop
- Dimensions incl nest box: 175 cm (W) x 66 cm (D) x 100 cm (H)
- Suitable for 2 to 3 small-sized birds (Bantams)
- One nesting area
- One removable perch
- Nesting area lid opens for easy egg collection
- Pull-out tray / dropping board covered with galvanised metal for easy cleaning
- Push lever sliding hen house door
- Waterproof roof
- Run area with super-tough reinforced wire
- Made from animal-friendly treated timber lined with plastic on the outside
- Also suitable for other small animals like rabbits, ferrets, fowl, duck, guinea pig, quail
- Comes flat packed, requires assembly, clear instructions
The Highgrove Chicken Coop is a small chicken coop suitable for 2 to 3 small sized birds (bantams). The design integrates the run area with the living quarters. This allows for the roof to be extended over the run area, thus giving your birds the freedom to move around even when raining.
This coop is solidly built and made to last. It is made from animal-friendly treated timber, which has been coated in white for visual appeal and easy hygiene. On the outside there is a layer of blue plastic that contrasts beautifully with the white core of the coop.
Its approximate dimensions are 175 cm (W) x 66 cm (D) x 100 cm (H) including the nesting box overhang.
This chicken coop features an enclosed interior space for roosting and nesting, and an integrated exterior run area for the birds to roam around and forage on grass.
The run area is made up from reinforced galvanised wire that is secured very strongly to the sturdy wooden frame. The strong run structure provides protection from foxes and other predators.
Locking your chickens in the evening and letting them out in the morning is easy with the built-in hinged handle (corn beef key) connected to the pophole/door. Simply pick up the handle and push it in to close the sliding door – no need to enter the run area to do so. This will keep your chickens safe during the night.
We’ve also thought about cleaning and maintenance – something that should be on the top of your list when purchasing a chicken coop. The Highgrove comes with a pull-out tray/dropping board which is lined with a sheet of galvanised metal. It is intended to collect your bird’s droppings while they are roosting inside. Simply pull out the tray, clean it off and insert it back in.
Every now and then, the coop will require more thorough cleaning or treating against parasites. We’ve made sure that this is as easy as possible by fitting it with many opening parts – the roof, the nesting box, the main living quarters, the run. You have full access to all parts of the coop.
Your birds love to roost up high and away from the ground, so we’ve made their main living quarters lifted high up. This elevated design allows for the run to be extended beneath the house, which not only maximises indoor and outdoor space, but has other benefits too:
- The main sleeping area is far away from the ground and remains dry even after heavy rainfall
- The elevated coop provides additional protection from rodents or pests
- A higher coop appeals to chicken’s natural instinct to be up high and roost off of the ground
- Raised coops are easier to reach into when collecting eggs, cleaning, and doing maintenance
The Highgrove Chicken Coop has a pitched gable roof design with a plastic layer on top, making it fully waterproof and ensuring your birds remain dry.
Your coop is supplied flat-packed and should reach you in great shape with no transport defects (always check the package for damage before accepting it). The package includes clear, easy to follow assembly instructions.
Buy now with complete confidence.