Pets Imperial® Charminster Chicken Coop
Pets Imperial® Charminster Chicken Coop
- Dimensions incl nest box: 110 cm (W) x 170 cm (D) x 100 cm (H)
- Suitable for 2 to 3 small-sized birds (bantams)
- One nesting areas with 2 individual nesting spaces
- Nesting area lid opens for easy egg collection
- Pull-out tray/dropping board covered with galvanised metal for easy cleaning
- Push lever sliding hen house door
- Window with mesh wire
- Waterproof asphalt roof
- Run area with super-tough reinforced wire
- Made from animal-friendly treated timber, solid tongue and groove assembly, designed to last for years
- Also suitable for other small animals like rabbits, ferrets, fowl, duck, guinea pig, quail
- Comes flat packed in two boxes, requires assembly, clear instructions
- All parcels will be shipped together but could arrive separately, depending on how the courier organises their daily deliveries
The Charminster Deluxe Chicken Coop is a small chicken coop that is suitable for 2-3 small-sized birds (bantams). Its lovely design and colour scheme make it the perfect addition to your garden. This is one of two models we offer that come in the fabulous grey wood stain, white accents and red roof colour combination.
This chicken coop has outstanding build quality and a multitude of features that make it great value for money. From its stunning design to its durable stained timber, this is a hen house that your birds will be truly happy to stay in.
Its approximate dimensions are 110 cm (W) x 170 cm (D) x 100 cm (H) including the nesting box overhang.
The Charminster is a combination of a classic gable roof chicken house and an integrated external run area, which is arch-shaped for aesthetic appeal.
The interior space provides roosting perches and a nesting area where your chickens can lay eggs. The exterior run area is a perfect place for your birds to roam around, sunbathe, dust bathe, and forage on grass.
Thanks to the elevated design of the house, the amount of footage within the run is maximized as the area beneath the house can also be used. Lifting the house off the ground also provides the following benefits:
- Collecting eggs and cleaning the coop is much easier when we don’t have to kneel down
- The birds’ sleeping quarters always remain dry even in heavy rain
- Chickens have a natural instinct to seek a high place to roost and the lifted house appeals to them
Locking your chickens in the evening and letting them out in the morning is easy with the built-in hinged handle (corn beef key) connected to the sliding pophole/door. Simply pick up the handle and push it in to close the door – no need to enter the run area to do so. This will keep your chickens safe from predators during the night.
The Charminster Deluxe Chicken Coop has been built to be tough and withstand fox attacks. Your chickens will be thoroughly protected by the reinforced galvanised wire. This is incredibly strong stuff and is secured very strongly to the sturdy wooden frame of the run.
We’ve also thought about cleaning and maintenance – something that should be on the top of your list when purchasing a chicken coop. The Charminster comes with a pull-out tray/dropping board which is lined with a sheet of galvanised metal. It is intended to collect your bird’s droppings while they are roosting inside. Simply pull out the tray, clean it off and insert it back in.
For more in-depth cleaning or treating the coop against parasites, we’ve provided easy access to all parts of it. The health of your birds is of paramount importance to us and that is why we’ve made sure that reaching into the coop is as easy as possible. Apart from the pull-out tray mentioned earlier, the coop has an opening gate at the back, an opening roof, and an opening nesting box.
The Charminster Chicken Coop has a sloping gable roof design with a red asphalt layer on top, making it fully waterproof and ensuring your birds remain dry when inside. When choosing a coop, be on the lookout for this feature as a lot of our competitors do not offer it.
An asphalt roof also provides insulation and protection from the elements. The strong asphalt acts as an insulator, ensuring your coop stays cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter, therefore keeping your birds happy, healthy, and laying!
The Charminster Chicken Coop is solidly built and is made to last. It is made from environmentally friendly, hard-wearing wood, that has quality tongue and groove joints. The quality of the materials and the assembly means that it can withstand heavy rain, wind, and huge temperature fluctuations without warping or deteriorating in any way.
Your coop is supplied flat-packed and should reach you in great shape with no transport defects (always check the package for damage before accepting it). Please note that the Charminster Deluxe Chicken Coop comes in TWO packages which may be delivered separately. The packages include clear, easy to follow assembly instructions.
Buy now with complete confidence.